Tuesday, June 19, 2007

SupermegaWizardWorldPhillyConReport!!!!!, Part Two

So, Roberto and I finally arrived at the con. After wrangling our way to get the passes and schmoozing his contacts, we hit the convention floor and was almost immediately reminded why I hate conventions. It's hot, packed, and not enough Dio-love!

Bendis was the guest of honor, and he was doing a signing at the Marvel booth when we got there. It was packed. I guess for everyone who hates him on the internet, there's ten people in real life who love him. Take that internet!

Roberto and I wandered around awhile. He was checking out t-shirts and I got bored and wound up near Batman's Burt Ward! Selling autographs! At exorbitant prices! No Thanks! (The guy who played 'Jaws' in James Bond movie was there, as was the '50's Superman's Lois Lane, Noel Neill)

I also saw Steranko. He was short. Shorter than me. With a beautiful white mane of hair and a matching white suit. Except for the height thing, he was everything I'd expect.

We then checked out some back issues and I found a place selling complete comic runs which I liked. I also like bad short-lived late 80's DC comics. And what did I find? The 1989 Hawk & Dove series! Score! But, 30 crappy comics, four of which I already had, for $20? No, thanks. "I'd pay $10," I mumbled to Roberto. "They're all 1/2 price," declared the dealer. "Sold!" said Wanyas! And I got my crappy comics.

So, we wandered around, saw tons of Star Wars characters and various comic characters. Also the real cheerleader from Heroes was there, and that line was god-damn-diculous! No, thanks.

I also spent some time looking for back issues for Rodney P. Brady. I had a 50% success rate. Got him the Captain Marvel issue he wanted and the Iron Man issue he wanted for $13 total! Score!

We walked through 'Artist's Alley' where the artists rent tables and try to sell you drawings. No, thanks! But, I did have a secret mission at this convention involving these artists. What could it have been? Did I succeed? Does it involve Dio at all? The answer to all three questions is...find out tomorrow!

Part Three

No comments: