Thursday, June 21, 2007

SupermegaWizardWorldPhillyConReport!!!!!, Part Four

I admit it. I was giddy after the whole sketch thing. So giddy in fact that on the way out I got 'took' for $2! Here's how it happened.

Girl in Catholic School Girl outfit* approaches me and Roberto about buying this comic that features her. We blow her off, but she's insistent, so we listen to her sales pitch. Basically, the story boils down to girls in catholic school girl uniforms and monsters**. To make this comic, rather than just draw it, they took photos of the scenes, drew/traced the photos, & then used washed out color from the photos to color the comic. She faltered a bit on describing why they colored it this way (it makes the colors...good). Clearly, taking photo's first is a much more efficient way of making a comic than just drawing it.

Anyway, Roberto, jaded jerk that he is, said no thanks. But, not me. I just got a Dio sketch! So, I gladly forked over my two bucks!Doesn't it look awesome? And notice that red ink in the center. Here's a close-up:
Yup, I was talking to 'Brielle' herself, Margarita 'Mars' Zhitnikova! And she signed my copy. Awesome, huh?

Anyway, it turns out that all the people involved went to Rutgers, specifically Mason Gross, and are planning this comic as only the first step in their conquest of all media. Look for the Brielle and the Horror in theaters near you soon! But, guy's, if you're reading this blog, I've got just one suggestion for you**:Next & final WizardWorldPhilly post: photos and the answer to the question, "Where did you and Roberto eat dinner?"

*This kinda stuff doesn't really affect me.****
**Brilliant
***Aren't my photo-shop skilz da bomb?
****Really.*****
*****No. Really.

Part Five

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

basically the photo's were NOT traced over and they used the color from the photos to make it more realistic and add depth, which i guess means it's good but in more words! anyway... im happy you enjoyed it.

-Brielle... aka mars.

Wanyas the Self-Proclaimed! said...

Thanks for taking the time out to explain the exact process to us here at Supermegadio!!!!! I wish you and your associates all the best.

And, who am I kidding? Of course girls in Catholic schoolgirl uniforms works on me!