Friday, February 23, 2007

World War Hulk! (Updated)

This'll be my first official comic related post. Marvel announced the checklist for the upcoming World War Hulk event and it includes thirty-five issues.* This is one of their 'small' cross-overs. What's interesting are the regular titles that are gonna be included: Ant-Man and Heroes For Hire. Ant-Man'll get to at least issue 10 and HFH issue 14. I'm very shocked that they'll get that high. They're also gonna have a new Front Line mini (but only 6 issues), and would seem to want to do one for every major event. I don't know anyone who enjoyed Front Line though. I thought this pic was pretty cool. Hulk with former Champions Hercules and Angel and recent pal Scorpion (of AIM). I'm assuming that's Namora (not Namorita) in a version of Namor's second costume. Is this group on Hulk's side?

Update: I forgot to say that I generally enjoy both Ant-Man and HFH. Ant-Man is playing fast with the time frame with one part of the story taking place about six months ago, and the other half taking place today. It's pretty good and features a real ass of a character. HFH has been hit or miss, sometimes telling really good stories, with a nice mix of characters, and sometimes it's just a mess (like the newest issue, #7, I think). And with the writers leaving, I don't think I'll have much more interest. Er, right Rod?

*Minor Civil War spoilers at link

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what's the deal with this? should we be reading it? will it be like civil war where we can follow along without reading every book that gets involved?

Wanyas the Self-Proclaimed! said...

I imagine World War Hulk is going to be more of a giant battle with some story, rather than political allegory. That doesn't mean it'll be necessarily be bad. I'll likely get the main mini, stuff I already read, and maybe the regular hulk book.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you should be reading it. The illuminati sent the Hulk out into space and now he's back and would like to speak with them.

Yeah, no more heroes for hire after the original creators leave.

Anonymous said...

damn. without heroes for hire, where will i get my gratuitous fanservice?

Wanyas the Self-Proclaimed! said...

Is fan service another word for 'big boobed characters in poses meant to accentuate their assests that women never actually make perhaps distorting anatomy'? Cause isn't it gratuitous by definition?

And I don't think I care for the term 'fan service.' If they wanted to service this fan, they'd give me well written stories presented on time and on schedule. I think we may ban that term here at SUPERMEGADIO!!!!! as well. But, do not fear, we don't believe in ex post facto here at SUPERMEGADIO!!!!!.