Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Marvel Spoiled It Again

I know that we all talked about this on e-mail, but I figured I'd put some of my rage here anyway. You'll just have to wait for my great post on the show Fifteen.

For those who don't know, Marvel Comics leaked a major plot point to the press before any store even opened to sell the book. Anyway, my comic shop guy was pissed that Marvel leaked the news to the papers without giving retailers a heads up so that they could order more. Marvel also didn't overprint the issue so that they could quickly send out more. So, my question is why go to the press? While this may bring customers into stores, they're not buying anything else. Plus, they can't get Civil War level sales on this book, because they didn't print that many. Even if they go to a reprint, it won't be out for two weeks and then the mainstream will most likely have lost interest.

I just read the issue in question (not on the toilet)! This issue alone is not going to make a collector out of a non-collector. Trust me.

I'd put my opinion on the actual content, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

2 comments:

Robin said...

When are you going to post about Fifteen? C'mon, a girl can only wait so long.

Wanyas the Self-Proclaimed! said...

Maybe not until next week. Sorry, girl, you'll have to wait just a bit longer!